Tuesday 23 October 2012

4: Surviving a 9-5 teaching day on 3 hours sleep

23rd October.

I went out last night. Only in China will you be invited to a club and given a free table with 2 bottle of vodkas and whisky to consume. Why do these nights escalate when I have work the next day.
It all started in Ellens a student bar which is quite hard to find, it is though, a sensationally good dive. Beers at £1 /10 remnimbi, you can't argue at that. There is also drink deals throughout the week, the stand out one being free beer on Thursdays. What! The night lasted a few more hours than I had hoped, but it was a lot of fun. We visited Maya nightclub, which like most clubs here is full of tables. I really do not like this. There was a cat walk where our group chose to dance like true Brits. Housemate Sean came out with the phrase 'Let's get weird' which seemed to catch on.

Getting up at 6:30 the next day was not good. I had 7 lessons, 4 different lesson plans to adhere to and 3 different schools. How I got through it? I have no idea. A lot of  games were played  and I'm very lucky the students I taught today are quite mature so were not too loud.


Achievement for the day: Finished all of my school lunch today!

Discovered these custard tarts sold for 3 remnimbi at most tube stations I average about 4 a day. They're absolutely delicious.

Off to a poker night now.




No comments:

Post a Comment