Thursday 25 October 2012

No 6: Pre conceived misconceptions

25 October.

I have a 1 hour commute to my Tues, Wed, Thurday school, I have to be there at 8:40 for my first lesson.Therefore I am pretty much half-dead (almost zombie like!!!) on the train in the morning which gives me a good time to ponder.

There are some misconceived things about China I felt.

One, all Chinese people look the same. Now this is bordering on racist. But in England it is very easy to group Chinese people into one category unless you have good Chinese friends which is fair enough. However once here, you see a sea of individuals and you can tell a lot about each person by their style and sometimes their face.

Two, China is a communist state. Now I'm not into my politics and of course China is run by one party and one party only. But there would be no other way to run Shanghai and this country, given most of the population are farmers. However, the great transportation link in Shanghai is the metro where you will see every person take it at 30 pence a ride or 3 remnimbi. Today in rush hour a couple decided to pretty much move house and take a whoe ton of stuff on the train. It was a bit of an inconveniece.

Three, Chinese people are quiet. Go to my afternoon school and this will be swiftly taken back.

Four, one is restricted by the goverment. Well I haven't had any trouble yet and for all I know I'm being watched like a member from Big Brother. But it seems there are always round the bans on such sites as Facebook and co, or they just create their own music downloading, or twitter esqe sites (weibo its called here).


I took a few photos on my way to school.






This orange stuff in the bread is not very nice.


Quite a rush for the escalator.


Always building new stuff.


Same as above


Same as above.





Now, all Zombied up and ready to hit this crawl.


No comments:

Post a Comment