Wednesday 7 November 2012

12. Crisps

I can't do this. I just can't write a blog which isn't about food! I'm really not fat I tell you, I'm just inquisitive to all the tastes found in Shanghai.

The crisps here are just a different matter. When I open crisps I think of my friend Dalton, he would upon tearing the packet open plant his nose right into the opening that the rip had make. He'd inhale the scent and get munching. I've taken to doing this and have been dazzled by the different flavors on offer.

The main brand is Lays (in Chinese script) there are all kinds of flavours, my favourite is the blue one which is Italian Red Meat. What makes the tear even better here is that the packets are so pressurized inside, they're not crunchy but airtight balloons ready to be opened.

There was quite a packet I had today, burger munch. The taste of a chicken burger and then the crisps were shaped as a burger!



You may be able to tell but the last two days have been spent in front of the TV, watching many many an episode of Seinfeld. Thus I am now quite the Chinese crisp connoisseur.

No comments:

Post a Comment