Thursday 8 November 2012

13. Pre-Tour Prep

This blog is not hugely about Shanghai but about the huge excitement I have for tomorrow. I am just hoping it all goes to plan. I have paid for everything the only thing I need now is my passport. Atm my passport is still with the visa office, I am hoping that they process it tomorrow and my man Alex (Welfare officer) can drop it off to me.

So if all goes to plan I'm catching a high speed train from Hongquio Railway station at 5 and it'll get into Beijing for 11, pretty quick ay. We're competing in the Yellow Sea cup, a bi-annual tournament contested between teams from Shanghai, Seoul and Beijing. Beijing have won it the last two years and according to Wiki are now considered the most successful team in China. Quite a status!

Kit wise, I've picked up some cheap ass boots from the Chinese Decathlon for like 119 remnimbi. Phil Denison of Nottingham, an employer of the global brand I hope can vouch that the boots will stay together.

Arguably the biggest story in the world right now will be happening this week-end in Beijing. The Communist Party is making its once in a decade leadership change. So the security is going to be quite tight I suppose.

Anyways Saturday night promises a lot even if we win or lose there will be 3 teams in Beijing ready for a big time, carnage is guaranteed. Full story next time!

TOUR!


No comments:

Post a Comment